Click on the image to view coat larger and additional sale items (click on slide images).
A HUGE THANK YOU!
The Whale of a Sale is now history, but there are many people to thank for their support of our efforts to raise awareness and funds for the purchase of groceries:
- Volunteers who spent countless hours collecting, organizing and storing, pricing and displaying items. In addition, we are grateful for those who were on hand as ambassadors for Food for Santa Fe, helping our customers with their purchases. So many people to thank, but of special note are Michelle Springer, Claire and John Martinez, Lydia Pendley, Sheila Gershen, Rod Hasson, Tom Ledwith and John Kelleher
- The leaders and teen-age members of the Overland Summers Program who come to Santa Fe for community service each year to pack the grocery bags and distribute them extended their help with efforts to be ready for the sale and to be "on deck" during the sale
- Kitchen Angels and Food Depot for sharing space for storing items for the sale and loaning tables, canopy to shield our cashiers, etc.
- Board members of FFSF for pitching in with goods, volunteer time before and during the sale and preparing sandwiches for our volunteers
- SantaFe.com and Honey Harris for helping to get the word out about the Whale of a Sale and letting people know who we are and what we do
- Residents of Santa Fe for responding as donors of items for sale and who came in search of the bargains we offered
- The Cathedral of St. John in Albuquerque for collecting unsold items for their Thrift Shop, with proceeds supporting their Outreach Program
Kathi Odell and Susan Odiseos